Everybody wants to have youthful skin that glows and looks firm. This can easily be achieved by eating healthy, drinking plenty of water and following a skin care routine that suits their skin type. However, sometimes maintaining a bright and light skin requires investing in a few skin whitening products. With so many products available on the market, it can be difficult to choose the right one. Read on to find out which product is best for full body whitening and discover which ingredients will make your skin glow throughout the year.
Table of Contents
First things first – What is Full Body Whitening?
Full body whitening refers to the process of evening out your skin tone by getting rid of dark spots, uneven tones on your skin and other problems caused by hyper pigmentation and other skin problems. Full body whitening employs a number of treatments, creams and oils in order to achieve a light skin tone effectively. By investing in the right full body whitening you can achieve your desired skin tone without having to worry about side effects and poor results.
How is it done?
Full body whitening uses a number of treatments and products to achieve a light and fair skin depending on your preference. The following are the most common:
Chemical peels: This procedure involves the application of a solution made from alpha hydroxyl acids to your skin in order to remove dead skin cells, remove scars and generally get rid of the damaged top layer of skin. This process reveals the younger, lighter skin beneath and gives you an overall healthy and glowing look. There are different categories of chemical peels, each providing a different level of peeling. These include; low, medium and deep peel. The deep peel has the most dramatic result but takes longer to heal from.
Laser treatments: This procedure targets areas of skin with hyper pigmentation, dark spots, sun damage and other problems that darken the skin. A beam of light is focused on these areas and removes the pigment or melanin present in them.
Topical whitening creams and ointments: There are a number of special creams and ointments that can be used to reduce melanin on your skin and give you the bright and light look you are looking for. As a rule, you should stick to whitening creams with natural ingredients that give you the effect you are looking for. Below are some of the safest and most popular ingredients used in whitening creams:
- Glutathione: This is an antioxidant made up of the amino acids cysteine. It is widely used in battling oxidative stress in the body, reversing the effects of alcohol on the liver and treating psoriasis. Available in both cream and capsule form, glutathione has been shown to lighten melanin cells and have an anti-aging effect on skin. If you’d like to learn more about glutathione peels and how they can help with full body whitening, this article does a great comparison of the many pills available on the market.
- Niacinamide: Also known as Vitamin B3, Niacinamide is an essential water soluble vitamin that is lauded for its skin brightening, anti-aging and healing properties. Taken in supplement form or applied topically after cleansing, it helps to repair skin, prevent melanin transfer thus reducing age spots and healing skin conditions such as acne and eczema.
- Glycolic acid: This is an alpha hydroxyl acid that is derived from sugar cane. It is widely used as a chemical exfoliator to slough off dead skin cells and reveal the younger skin underneath. Containing the smallest molecules of any alpha hydroxyl acid, it penetrates easily into the skin’s pores, weakening the bonds between old skin cells and allowing them to be easily washed off. With regard to full body whitening, glycolic acid helps to suppress the formation of melanin in the body by slowing down the action of tyrosinase, an enzyme associated with the production of melanin. It works slowly, usually after up to 8 treatments but the results are effective and long lasting.
- Licorice extract: A skin brightener with the ability to inhibit melanin production, anti-oxidant properties and spot reducing benefits, licorice extract is the go to ingredient for many people looking to whiten the whole body.Derived from the licorice plant, it contains a compound known as liquirtin which helps to remove melanin from the body. Full of flavonoids, it also helps to combat the effects of UV rays and pollution on the skin, making it look younger and brighter,
- Kojic acid: This acid is usually a by–product of fermentation and is also made from a variety of fungi. Its skin lightening properties come from the fact that it prohibits the formation of tyrosine, the enzyme associated with the production of melanin.Kojic acid is used in a wide variety of skin lightening products including creams, soaps, serums, cleansers and others. It helps to reduce dark spots from sunburn, scars, age spots and others, resulting in younger and lighter looking skin.
Factors to Consider When Deciding on Which Product is Best for Full Body Whitening
There are several things to consider when deciding on the best product for full body whitening;
- Ingredients: This should be your number one consideration due to the fact that there are a number of harmful ingredients in many body whitening products. Some of the worst culprits include; mercury, hydroquinone and steroids.Side effects associated with skin lighteners that are formulated with harmful ingredients include; kidney failure, mercury poisoning, dermatitis, exogenous ochronosis and many others.Always read the label when buying skin lightening products and avoid those that are made with harmful ingredients
- Your skin type: The best skin lightening product for you will be determined by your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, you will need to stay away from harsh products that could cause dermatitis and other adverse reactions. Bear in mind also that product strength will differ depending on your skin tone. For instance, persons of color might require stronger skin whiteners than persons of European descent.
- Personal preference: The best product for you ultimately depends on your personal tastes, intentions and end goals. For instance, you might prefer completely natural products with minimal lightening capabilities while someone else might prefer the strongest lighteners possible. You should therefore choose products that meet your needs while ensuring that you are also lightening safely.
Features of the Best Products for Full Body whitening
While choice of body whitening products is based on the factors mentioned above and personal preference, the best products do have a few characteristics in common:
- Sun Protection: Remember that most skin whiteners work by reducing the melanin in your body which leaves you at a higher risk for sunburn and other types of sun damage. As a result, you should ensure that you choose skin whitening products with inbuilt sun protection.
- Safe Ingredients: The best products for full body whitening will contain only the safest ingredients. Ultimately, customers do not want a solution that gives the results they want at the cost of their health. By creating products that are formulated from ingredients that have been declared safe by regulatory bodies, manufacturers can ensure that they meet customers’ needs, safeguard their health and keep them coming back for more.
- Complementary additions: The best products will come with complementary products such as cleansers, toners, sunscreen, soothing creams and others. This is in order to provide a full suite solution to the customer and make your journey towards a brighter, lighter self a bit more enjoyable. These products will also ensure that you are as comfortable as possible as you work towards getting your perfect skin.
- Effective i.e. delivers on promises made: If a product promises that you will see results in 4 weeks, then you should notice a noticeable change in the time indicated. In the same vein, if a product promises that you will be X shades lighter at the end of use, then you should be able to see the change indicated.
Looking whiter and brighter is a great goal for anyone who takes pride in their appearance. However, you should not do so at the cost of your health. The best product for full body whitening is therefore the one that contains safe ingredients, meets your needs, and delivers on promises it makes.
If you are looking for an all-over-lightening body moisturizer with vitamin C from Camu Camu and acerola cherry, you cannot go wrong with the NIVEA Body Lotion, Extra Whitening Cell Repair SPF 15, For All Skin Types, 400ml. This full-body whitening lotion has 50 times more Vitamin C compared to lotions made with lemon extract.
Fully absorbent, it is great for dry skin, especially when applied immediately. SPF sunscreen, advanced cell repair, and dermatologic ally approved skin compatibility ensure that this is the full body whitening cream you have been looking for. A large capacity (400ml) ensures that you will be using this bottle for a long time and will enjoy full body whitening benefits well into the long term.