One thing for sure is that all skin colors, whether it’s dark or light are prone to skin conditions that may lead to discoloration over time. These days a lot of people have become more beauty conscious and when it comes to having the perfect skin color, they will invest quite a lot to achieve that.
With that said, altering the complexion of the skin is a whole different story which totally has nothing to do with being flawless. Despite that being the truth, there are lots of women who are associating fairer skin with beauty and success, and because of this skin whitening creams are highly in need. As you can see skin bleaching creams are in high demand and are pretty much flying off the shelves.
Whether your main goal is to even out the complexion of your skin tone or maybe just lighten all the dark spots on your skin, it’s very important that you know the right information regarding skin bleaching before you enter the world of skin bleaching. With that being said, we have made an in-depth review of the strongest skin bleaching creams on the market today.
We have also take the time out to add additional information regarding how to get the perfect skin tone and give you an in-sight on how well the products actually works.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
What is Skin Bleaching Cream and How Does It Work?
Bleaching cream also well known by most people as skin lightener is a mixture or substance that works in an unique way to limit your body’s capacity to produce melanin, which is known as the pigment responsible for skin color. These creams works to get rid of the appearance of dark blemishes such as hyperpigmentation, acne, age spots, sunburns, etc.
You may find that many of these creams are listed under different names such as; bleaching creams, skin brightening creams, skin fading creams, lightening creams, or skin whitening creams.
How Do Skin Lighteners Work?
The first thing you should keep in mind is that the production of melanin is a continuous process in your skin. It happens in your cells called melanocytes. There is also an enzyme called tyrosinase, which allows the cells to produce melanin.
What skin lightening does is is interferes with this process. They normally do this by inhabiting the enzyme tyrosinase while also interrupting the production of melanin. You can expect some creams to be a lot stronger, making them capable of eliminating the melanocytes entirely. If that does happen, there would be lesser melanin produced. The results that you will achieve from using skin bleaching creams is a much lighter skin as your skin will begin to shed away old skin cells, making it more luminous, brighter and even out.
Side Effects of Using Strong Skin Lightening Creams
There are a number of side effects that comes into play when it comes to using some of these skin lightening creams. These effects usually comes from the active Ingredient that were used to formulate the product. Below we have list some of the most common known side effects.
- Mercury Poisoning: Mercury is a well known ingredient that can be found in most of the strongest bleaching creams on the market right now. Not only does this ingredient damages your skin, but also expose you to many different health issues such as liver, kidney and nerve damage. The good news is that there are some manufacturers that don’t include this ingredient in their list of ingredients when formulating the products, so you should take proper precautions when buying skin bleaching products.
- Premature Aging: Another thing that you’ll notice is premature aging and this is due to the continue use of the skin bleaching products. Using strong bleaching cream can be very harmful on the skin’s surface if it’s been abused. You should always use caution and follow all the instructions clearly when using skin bleaching products.
- Risk of Skin Cancer: Using strong skin bleaching cream will definitely increase the risk of cancer. When you constantly uses the cream over a period of time, your skin will become vulnerable, especially to the sun. You should keep in mind that the sun’s UV rays are hazardous when practicing skin lightening. If your goal is to have lighter skin then you should practice using SPF broad spectrum sunscreen whenever you’re going out into the sun to run errands.
- Poor Skin Health: Even this is pretty rare, there are cases where steroids plays an role when it comes to bad skin health. This is why you must avoid using skin lightening products that contains steroids and get ones that are considered to be all-natural or opt for ones that has less chemicals.
- Use Product With Less Hydroquinone: though hydroquinone is the most effective skin lightening chemicals for altering pigmentation, it does have some side effects to it especially when overused. If you abused the use of hydroquinone then you can expect conditions such as Ochronosis, which causes the skin to turn blueish black. Ochronosis rarely happens though and you’ll mostly see it on those of deeper complexion and it is not easily treatable.
- Skin Irritation: If you suffer from se ssensitive skin, then you might experience mild to severe irritation from using bleaching cream products on your skin. This usually happens when you use skin lightener that contains mostly chemicals. In order to lower the risk of this happening, you should only opt for all-natural skin lightening products that contain safe ingredients that won’t necessarily affect your skin.
Using Caution When Using Strong Bleaching Creams
- If you have any problem choosing the right product for your needs or simply need some instructions, then the best thing to do is consult your dermatologist for advice.
- You should definitely avoid using skin bleaching creams or serums that contain steroids.
- Make sure to avoid skin lighteners that contain the chemical known as mercury, which may over time lead to health related issues such as kidney, liver and nerve damage.
- You should only use over the counter hydroquinone products that contains 2% or less of the ingredients.
- Avoid purchasing products that doesn’t have a detailed summary of all the ingredients in it, it’s always best to invest in ones that is packed with information.
- If a product is hydroquinone based, make sure not to use it for more than 30 days so that you can prevent resistance or chances of having complications.
- Don’t practice using any form of bleaching cream directly on irritated, damaged skin.
Strongest Skin Bleaching Creams
1. Emma Cardinelli Dark Spot Lightening Cream – Great Deal
This is without a doubt one of the strongest skin lightener cream on the market right now. With this high-quality creams comes you can expect mango scented and it even contains 2% hydroquinone as well as 6% glycerin acid which is normally used to help and treat uneven skin tone, dark spots, melasma and rosacea.
Another thing that we really like about this cream is the fact that it is combined with Vitamin E and antioxidants which are great when it comes to making the skin soft and feeling smooth. Not only can use this cream on face, but it is also good for other parts of the body such as legs, chest and neck.
In order to experience the best results possible, you should only apply the cream onto clean skin once a day for a week. Over time once comfortable you should change to two times per day. You can expect to see positive results from this superb quality product within a few weeks.
- Very easy to use
- Provide amazing results within a short time frame
- Does not mixing with other products
- Does not cause any side effects
- Can be used on other parts of your body other than face
- Comes at a reasonable price point
- Mixed with tons of ingredients
2. Black and White Bleaching Cream – Runner Up NOT AVAILABLE
Here is another amazing skin bleaching cream that you should definitely have in your skincare arsenal. Not only does this moisturize your skin, but it is also non-greasy and easily spread on your skin.
The good thing about this product is the fact that it has FDA approved ingredients including 2% hydroquinone as the active ingredient. The Black and White Bleaching Cream is also mildly scented and can be used on your face, hands, and underarms, which makes it the ideal choice for most people.
This is by far one of the most effective skin lightening cream on the market when it comes to eliminating freckles, dark spots, age spots, etc. By using the Black and White Bleaching Cream you can expect to see amazing results within 2 to 3 weeks.
- Great at getting rid of dark spots, age spots, etc
- Works within 2 to 3 weeks
- Comes at a very affordable price
- Majority customers report great results
- Packed in easy to use tube
- Manufacturers website is not locatable
- Only offers 5% cash back
3. Admire My Skin Ultra-Potent Brightening Serum – Best Value For The Money
Next we have the popular product by Admire My Skin. This high-end product is formulated with a mixture of ingredients such as 2% hydroquinone, lactic acid, azelaic acid, salicylic acid and vitamin c, all of which are known to be top ingredients in the skincare community. The combination of all these ingredients will surely help in brighten and lighten your skin tone efficiently, while also eliminating wrinkles, hyperpigmentation as well as melasma.
For the best results we think it is best if you use this serum daily then increase the amount over time to twice daily as you get comfortable with it. We also think it would be good if you apply hydrating moisturizer after application as this serum is known to be very dry on the skin especially when you start to use twice daily.
- Has a lot of skin friendly ingredients
- Great customer reviews
- Able to see results within 4 weeks
- Very affordable
- May cause irritation for some people
When it comes to choosing skin whitening cream you have to know which one is the most suitable for your skin. The sad part is that what works for one person may not work for the other person. Therefore, before you purchase a product, make sure you take the time out to read all the reviews. With that said, the list above has some of the strongest skin bleaching creams you’ll find on the market today.